Accredited Course Descriptions For College Credit

ZOLLIKON INSTITUTE / Courses / Accredited Courses

Accredited Courses

Zollikon Institute provides two different tracks of study: accredited courses and Professional Development courses.  Accredited courses are in partnership with Malone University and for those looking to pursue degree programs.

The accredited courses have the same expectations as all other Malone University courses and are taught by instructors who support the culture of the plain Anabaptist community.  Accredited courses may be taken for both high school and college credit through dual enrollment. 

Accredited courses consist of general education courses that fit into the building blocks of Malone University’s core curriculum and count towards all Malone degree programs. In addition to core general education courses, Zollikon is on track to offer full-time programs of study beginning Fall 2024. Watch our website for updates on these programs.

In any degree, 49% may be taken in person at the Zollikon site. The remaining 51% must be taken through Malone’s online programs which are accessible at the Zollikon site, or on Malone’s main campus.

If course costs are a concern for you, financial assistance and scholarships may be available. Click here to see more!

*To request a paper application, call (330) 390-4142.

Malone University Logo

CONNECT

Email: inquiries@zollikon.org

Office: (330) 390-4142

ADDRESS

Zollikon Institute
PO Box 283
Berlin, Ohio 44610

Courses

ENG 231 – Intro to Creative Writing    Instructor: Stuart Mullet

Description:  This course will provide students with practice in reading and writing for clear communication. Abstract: An exploration of imaginative writing and the writing life: literary art and the creative process, techniques of poetry and narrative fiction, readings in modern and contemporary literature.

Details:
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
Jan 8 – May 2, 2024
Time: 2:00 – 3:15 p.m.
Cost: $1,830
Application Fee: $50 (non-refundable)

COMM 230 – Mass Media and Society    Instructor: Jason Moyer

Description:  This course covers the history and development of mass media and their effects on the economic, social, and political aspects of American culture. It includes a survey of new technologies and how these media interact and/or reinforce each other.

Students will develop a critical perspective of cultural values, attitudes, and ethics in mass media industries. Awareness of current events and access to media forms will be integral parts of the course.

Details:
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
Jan 8 – May 2, 2024
Time: 3:30 – 4:45 p.m.
Cost: $1,830
Application Fee: $50 (non-refundable)

SCHEDULE:

LOCATION:

Classes will be held at the Amish & Mennonite Heritage Center unless noted otherwise:

5798 Co Rd 77,
Millersburg, OH 44654.

MEALS:

An evening meal is available for purchase to any student wishing to join.

Please indicate on your application if you are attending the evening meal.

Contact us today to find out how you can begin. 

Email:  inquiries@zollikon.org

Office:  (330) 390-4142